An infographic is a collection of imagery, charts, and minimal text that gives an easy-to-understand overview of a topic.
The most visually unique, creative infographics are often the most effective, because they grab our attention and don’t let go.
But it’s crucial to remember that the visuals in an infographic must do more than excite and engage. They must help us understand and remember the content of the infographic.
Why use infographics?
Infographics are great for making complex information easy to digest. They can be helpful anytime you want to:
• Provide a quick overview of a topic
• Explain a complex process
• Display research findings or survey data
• Summarize a long blog post or report
• Compare and contrast multiple options
• Raise awareness about an issue or cause
• build brand awareness and boost engagement
• visualize project timelines and to simplify
When you need to give someone a really quick rundown on something that can be hard to explain in words alone, an infographic is a good way to go.
This means that infographics can be useful in pretty much any industry.